Post 0031: Like a Bawce!


So much has happened in the past three days. x.x

First, and most random… I have killed a pen. I have written so much that I used all the ink in a pen. I think this is the first time this has actually happened to me. Normally I cycle through pens and never actually kill them off. I also tend to use pencils more when I am writing. So this is a first for me, and I feel accomplished. Like I’m officially an adult now or something.

So that happened Monday.

Monday also started my new class, Graphic Principles 1, or GR1 for short. I keep thinking of it as Grrrrrrrrrrrr, so I smile every time I think about my class. This month doesn’t have as many actives as last month, so visually it’s not as bombarding when I log in online. My brain thanks my instructor whenever I have to log into my class.

This month we’re focusing on Adobe Illustrator. So basically making pretty pictures and posters. I’ve already done the four training assignments and have looked at the main project assignment for this week.

We will be creating a stylized self-portrait. I’m actually sort of looking forward to it. I think I’m going to use the picture of me leaning against the fence that was taken during Thanksgiving last year. I like the colors in it, even though I no longer have purple hair. Sad day.

So yeah, we’re only three days into the week and I’m already pretty much done with the assignments. Maybe another four hours or so. I want to watch a bunch of training for Illustrator, that way the coming weeks will be even easier because I will already be familiar with the tools being covered.

I talked to mom today about Scarlet and Cleo. We haven’t talked in almost two weeks. Mostly because I have been avoiding her a little bit. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to afford paying the vet bill. If I went to Joey’s wedding I wouldn’t be able to. So I have made the decision that I am not going to go to the wedding.

I will pay for the vet bill instead, and take Joey and Katie out to dinner or lunch while I am at home over Christmas break. I am still going to send him a wedding gift. That’s going to be the next project I stitch after finishing the November Dragon, Dragon of Earth, and possibly the September Dragon.

September might have to wait depending on how long it takes me to get through the other two. Joey gets married on the 22nd so I still have some time.

Anyway, I talked to mom for a while and got her filled in on everything that has been going on with me. And she caught me up on her end.

I started playing WoW on Sunday. John wanted me to help get him through a quest since his Internet is pretty laggy, which meant I had to download the game, which meant I only had to pay $15 to activate my account… which meant that I now have a new level 22 undead mage on Bleeding Hollow so I can play with John and Nathan.

On a more productive note, I actually got through all of my weekly chores. : D Go me.

I emailed my dad today to wish him happy birthday, and to make sure I have the right address for him. I know his gift isn’t going to be there on time, but this is the most effort I have put into our relationship in a while, so I hope it counts for something. At least he knows that I was thinking about him.

I messaged Jarrett earlier today about the money for the accounts. He made a mention the other week about getting paid by Wing House today, so I wanted to see if he would have anything to contribute. He said he would figure out his expenses and let me know. He has to pay rent first, which I get.

I totally ordered the book bag I was looking at. I was approved for an extension on the power bill, so I bought the book bag while it was on sale, and even got free shipping on it. It should be here Thursday. Ten bucks less than what I was expecting to spend on a book bag. I hope I like it as much as I think I will.

I returned Sammi’s Brighthouse equipment today. The associate I was talking to said there was a missing box, but there wasn’t anything at the apartment when I walked through the rooms. I wanted to make sure that nothing was left behind. Everything was in a corner in the living room, though, so I thought I had gotten everything.

Maybe Sir has it by accident or something. If it gets found I’ll return it.

I went running Sunday on the Econ trail, the one that I used to run while I lived with Clavan and Seth. It was nice being back there. I didn’t do nearly as well as in the past, but I still did my 1 minute intervals instead of backing it down, so I’m happy. It was another super nice day and I was glad to get the sun.

Sir did message me, but it was only to inquire about the phone bill. He doesn’t mind that I am still on the account because I don’t really use the data, and I pay on time. He gave me the address where I could mail the money to, so I don’t have to physically hand it to him, which makes me feel good. It was civil, short, and to the point, so I’m happy with how it went. He hasn’t messaged me since, which I’m ok with.

I had dinner with Daniel, Luis, Marly, and Russell Sunday night after I had finished my homework. We went to Royal Thia so I was able to get green curry and a Thai tea. It was such a wonderful dinner, the food, the company, the conversation. All of it. It was great and I’m so glad that I went.

I made sugar cookies Monday. There have been three containers of frosting sitting in the fridge that are only about a quarter full. I don’t like things that don’t get used. Since I didn’t feel it would be right to throw them away, there’s not thing wrong with them, I decided to use them instead. So yeah, super soft, awesomely fantastic home made sugar cookies! I left about a dozen at the apartment for Joshua and myself and took the rest to work and left them in the break room. I put a note next to the container saying, “Free Sugar Cookies from Jen”. I hope they are gone by tomorrow.

I didn’t go into work today, and I regret nothing. I didn’t have labs, and it is one of the few days that I will get to fully enjoy. So I did laundry, put my cloths away, made my bed, vacuumed my room and the living room, processed all of my in boxes, did a bunch of running around and chatting, even took a two hour nap. On top of doing my weekly and a daily post.

I even called and made the appointment to have the car looked at. I totally didn’t want to do that because I didn’t know who to talk to, or what to really say. The phone sucks and I would have rather been able to email someone, or speak to someone directly But yeah, totally called and got that taken care of. Go me.

I finished the 3D Blitz movie today while I was doing laundry, so that is posted to my Dropbox and waiting approval. And I have a firm grasp on my school assignments.

I haven’t worked out and most likely won’t. I’m content with what I have done so far.

I’m kicking the idea of playing WoW for a few hours before logging off to cross-stitch and finish the last hour of my book.

Overall I have gotten a lot more done today than I thought I would. I think I can safely take the next four hours as ‘me’ time and not feel bad about it. I took care of business like a bawce. /flex

Now it’s relax time. : )


Greetings traveler! Leave your tidings here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s