Daily Post 0014: Ending a Good Day


So, a daily post to recap the day before I do my weekly overview. That’s going to be so much reading. x.x

Firstly, I didn’t get to record my podcast, and at 11:30 pm, I am not going to do it now. Since I have very little to do tomorrow morning I’m going to try to get it done then.

Aside from that one minor thing I’ve got a ton done.

My room is 100% back to being organized. No more crazy post vacation piles lying around.

I once again went through my cloths. All of those things that I’ve been holding on to for when I can fit into them again… After looking them over I wouldn’t want to wear them even if I could fit into them. My style has changed.

I kept a few things, but a majority of it went into a bag to take to Goodwill. Plus other random stuff that I wanted to get rid of.

I ended up having two boxes, two collapsible tables, , two trash bags of cloths, though honestly it could have fit into one, and a legit LARPing shield.

Don’t judge me. >.>

So the only thing I really need to get rid of is the chest of drawers that I got from Alex.

It feels good to have everything under control. So when shit hits the fan when I need to move it will be more manageable.

Once I was done doing all of that I vacuumed. Then went through my ‘in’ box.

It’s a trick that I’ve picked up from some of the productivity gurus I follow.

Basically the idea is anything that you need to ‘process’ or do something with, goes into your in box. Receipts you need to go through, business cards you need to look at, mail you need to read, books you need to put back on the shelf.

Stuff that’s lying around that you need to do something with is considered an ‘in’ item. It needs your attention. A decision has to be made about it.

I have a collapsible box that I use as my ‘in’ box. At the end of the day I go around and gather everything up that needs to be taken care of and put it into the box. Then on Sunday I go through the box and straighten everything up.

That might sound sort of odd, but it keeps stuff out of sight until I’m at a point where I can process it. It’s not an open loop in my mind every time I walk around my room.

“I really aught to do…”

No. I don’t have to do anything with it right now, so it can wait until processing time.

Like I said, maybe odd for some, but it works for me and that’s the big thing.

So I went through my home ‘in’ box. I also have a portable ‘in’ box. It’s a case that I keep my notebook in along with loose paper for sketching and pencils.

I take it everywhere with me. Literally. Grocery store, gym, bank, work, joy riding… I mostly keep it with me for the paper. Any time I need to write something down, some spark of thought, so to-do that I’ll forget, it’s all written down in a location that I know I’m going to process at the end of the day.

And if anyone hands me something I need to hold on to, like a business card, a print out, I have a place I can store it until I get home. I don’t have to worry about losing it. Unless I leave my case laying around in a lab like the other day…

So not cool.

But yeah. I mostly got the case because it rains everyday in Florida during the summer and I was tired of my notebooks getting ruined. When I saw the ‘portable in box’ through a time management class my mind was blown.

How had I not thought of that? How had I lived my life without this thing?

It really is the little things in life that make most of my days.

Anywho, I processed both of those, even went through my notebook catching up on little tasks that didn’t get checked off.

So by around 1pm I was completely on top of everything. What I hadn’t finished was written down on a new, clean, condensed to-do list rather than being scatter over various papers.

It was a good, solid feeling.

I showered and then headed out to Goodwill to donate my stuff. The guy who helped me unload my car was pretty impressed with the shield, which made me smile.

While I was there I went inside to check out their active wear. Maybe there would be something interesting.

I ended up getting two pairs of workout shorts for $3. You really can’t beat that.

Since I was in the area I stopped by another Dick’s Sporting Goods to check out their clearance. I gave myself a $20 limit, though I didn’t need it. I didn’t like anything that they had. And really I don’t need anything else until I drop a few more sizes. So it worked out well.

I went to the gym where I biked and did some time on the elliptical. I stretched really well afterwards.

I found another pretty nifty song today.

Geronimo by Sheppard
Once I was done  I showered, ate a power bar that I had packed with me, and then went off to the store to do the grocery shopping.

I saw four of my students there, so there were hugs and swapping stories about holiday break. It was really nice.

I was under $60 for this week’s groceries. And that’s with picking up papers for my mom so she can have more coupons when I go home in February. I’m feeling good about that.

After putting all of the food away and making tuna for the coming week, Joshua and Susan helped with rearranging the furniture in the living areas. I really like the way it is set up now. I may even bring my desktop out of my room.

Susan can have her side of the table, and I could have mine.

That means I would need to figure out what’s up with my OS, and possibly buying a new harddrive. That’s a task I want to get done by the end of the month regardless, so this will give me a bit more motivation to complete it.

I wouldn’t buy anything computer related until after switching over the phone, though. I can live without my desktop a bit longer.

The couch is in the alcove where the table used to be, so it’s like I have my own little space where I can sit and stitch without being in anyone’s way. I like it. : 3

Once the furniture was moved around I tackled a few more things on my to-do list.  Computer related things, though, rather than errands.

I needed to add my workouts to RunKeeper, my grades for this week’s assignments were graded already (100 and 89), I needed to setup my login for Citizens Bank so I could get my car payment notifications to go paperless.

There is a forum that our department uses that I needed to reset my password for so I could log in. There was a rigging challenge posted earlier in the week that I wanted to take a swing at, but I couldn’t figure out my account information, and I didn’t have time during the week to really fight with it.

I got the login figured out, and took a look at the broken rig to see if I could determine the problem.

I messaged Monica with my answer, so I should have a response tomorrow.

I signed the contract with Fredenator, so the next week or so will be spent beefing up my YouTube channel.

And I talked to mom for about an hour and a half.

I told her all about my week, and we traded stories back and forth. It was a good conversation and I’m glad that I called her.

She said that the house with Monica seems like a good idea and that she hopes it works out for me.

I don’t have much else that I need to do today other than relax and stitch for a little bit. And do my weekly sage. I think this one is actually going to cover the past two weeks, since I think I was a slacker last week.

Why do I write so much? ;-;


Greetings traveler! Leave your tidings here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s