Daily Post 0110: I’m Alive!


I haven’t written in a while since I’ve been sick… again… so much lame. I can’t even put into words how tired I am of not being able to do the things I want to do because I spend half the month trying to recover from the plague…

Luckily I was able to have a fantastic day Sunday. It was the first ‘date’ that I’ve gone on in a while. And actually Saturday was a pretty good day, too.

I watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World Saturday night / Sunday morning with DM after his shift. We woke up Sunday morning around 10, had breakfast, then went out to the theater to watch the new Avengers movie, which I thought was pretty good.

We went to a cinema and grill, so while we were watching the movie we got to snack on food, which meant we weren’t hungry afterwards like we were expecting to be. So we ended up going back to DMs apartment.

We had planned to go out for dinner. You know… That whole romantic dinner and a movie combo that has to happen otherwise it’s not a real date…

But we ended up watching some episodes of Archer, then ordered pizza (with a brownie because it’s a date and that’s the perfect excuse to get sugary things that you totally don’t need…) And then watched three episodes of the new season of Game of Thrones because I hadn’t seen any of the episodes.

It pretty much turned into a ‘game day’. That’s what I used to call my lazy days. It was those days off where I would order pizza and play Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft for 16 hours straight, or longer. I wouldn’t leave the house. Most of the time I wouldn’t change out of pjs. I would just veg out and game all day. Sometimes I would take a nap. I almost never talked to anyone if it wasn’t through the computer game, and even then I tried to keep that at a minimum.

Sunday was a lot like that. Both DM and I just chilling. We talked about my character a lot, too. We’re changing her up a lot, but I love all of the changes we’re making. I’m connecting with her a lot more. I even started writing some of her backstory. I haven’t written anything fiction in so long. It was nice to do that for a little bit.

Let’ see… So that was Sunday. Good day that I super enjoyed even though I could already tell I was getting sick again.

Monday was awful as far as the whole health thing goes.

I actually woke up at 6:30 and went to aikido at 7am, which wasn’t bad. By the time I had to go into work though I was dying. Like, Frank took one look at me and told me to go home. I was exhausted from just driving into work. It was so hard to focus on anything other than breathing.

I ended up going home and sleeping for four hours before picking up DM from work. The owners are giving him tons of hours, so he should be able to have his motorcycle up and running within a month, maybe two.

I’m pretty sure I went to sleep early, though I honestly don’t remember much more about Monday. Super sick, ‘nuff said.

Tuesday was Taco Tuesday. It was also a day off for me, which worked out really well. I didn’t have to take a sick day to stay home, and all of my labs were covered so I didn’t have to worry about work at all.

I stayed at DM’s place. It was totally empty and silent. I slept, I worked on homework, I worked on my character a little bit more. Tuesday was when I started writing the backstory for her.

I swept because I was bored. DM said that if I kept it up he would start calling me Mom as my pet name. I said that would most likely make things awkward. He agreed and said that I should stop cleaning for him.

He thinks that I am a bit OCD because it is so subconscious for me. I don’t’ know if I agree with him. It bothers me to see things out of place. I’ve never honestly thought of myself as having OCD, and even if I do, it doesn’t change who I am. I’m a bit of a neat freak, and when I’m bored I clean. I feel like it makes me helpful. As long as it’s not taken advantage of I’m cool.

So Tuesday was pretty chill. We had tacos for dinner with DM’s other roommates and one of their girlfriends. We went to the hookah longue afterwards to meet with one of his friends since it was his birthday.

It was actually pretty cool getting to talk to Bobby. He was going to UCF for Digital Media so we were able to talk about lot of things we were both interested in. We ended up playing Flux for a while, too.

I had never played the game before, so it was pretty fun catching on to the mechanics and how to play.

I went to sleep pretty much right when we got home. DM stayed up for a bit but eventually went to sleep. He woke me up from a dream I was having when he got into bed.

In the dream I had my laptop in the kitchen and was trying to type something up real fast. DM was talking to me and I asked for a few seconds to finish what I was doing. He kept talking to me and I got frustrated because I couldn’t focus on what he was trying to tell me and type at the same time. It ended up turning into an argument.

When I woke up I asked him if we were fighting because I couldn’t figure out if it was real or not.

I know I had another dream later, but I don’t really remember it. Just broken pieces of imagery. I remember there was construction, and I was in a bathroom looking into a mirror.

I remember there was other people but I don’t remember why they were there or what they were doing.

DM reassured me that even though eventually we were bound to have an argument about something, we weren’t fighting at the moment and that we were ok.

Today has been a pretty low day. I’ve gotten caught up on all of the email I haven’t been checking. I got work squared away. I got some progress made on a new cross stitch and my Illustrator Friday Challenge.

I’m going to try to go to the gym after work and run. Yeah… I’m feeling better so it’s time to go kill myself… After that I need to run by the store for some fresh dill and a lemon so I can cook the tilapia I bought.

Mother Earth sent me a message a handful of days ago that I need to reply to. I’ve been thinking over it. At first I didn’t reply because my knee jerk reaction was anger. Then I was introspective trying to figure out why I was angry, then I was sick and not replying to anyone…

I have my list though, and I’m chipping through it. I’m actually pretty proud of everything that I’ve gotten done today.

I also finally got the check from my brother. Huzzah! At some point I need to make a list of things I need to do and prioritize them so I know the order I need to start knocking stuff out in.

I got an email from my freelance people today as well. They just sent the check out today, so I should be getting that before too long too.

I feel like thinks will be ok.


Greetings traveler! Leave your tidings here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s