Daily Post 046: The Trip Home


Might as well do this before going to sleep. And by going to sleep I mean passing out for the next foreseeable ever.


This morning started early. I took Zane to work so I could have the car and of course since I had to be awake enough to drive that meant I wasn’t able to go back to sleep once I got home. I had breakfast of shrimp nachos because that’s a breakfast… give me some time and I’ll be able to justify it eventually.


I finished off the second homework assignment that I’ve been working through for the Shading and Lighting class. I have several suggestions I want to make to Tony about it. The main one being that it’s too much work for a signal assignment, and two of the portions do not directly apply to the second project the students work on in lab. I feel those sections would be better saved for the third assignment where the material actually becomes relevant.


At the moment I’m pretty sure the students don’t see the point in the information so they feel like they’re doing busy work rather than being exposed to nifty things. If there’s not a use for it then why put brain power towards it when there’s so much other stuff they’re already having to remember?


The way the Photoshop template files are set up is embarrassingly bad as well. It’s obvious that these are Save As files from another assignment since none of the layers have been renamed. Some of them haven’t been named at all… How can you expect students to have good workflows and professional habits when the files you give them do not reflect the principles you are preaching?


(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻




Finished that assignment then started the main part of my day. I put money on the laundry card first. Trevor had gotten a $10 for it, but the office was closed by the time he got home and he didn’t get a chance to do it this morning. That left me being responsible. I honestly didn’t mind since that gave me a chance to inquire about the parking decal again.


That ended up being pretty awesome. I guess they had be delivered just that morning, so Kelly was awesome enough to get all of that squared away for me and I now no longer have a fear of my car being towed. At least not while I’m at the apartment.


I had packed all of my stuff for the gym later but realized I had forgotten the most important thing on the face of the planet…. Headphones. So I went back to the apartment, grabbed those, then started my errands for real.


I went to the bank and got $20 for Zane. Since I’m not going to be in town for a bit I wanted to make sure he had extra money incase he needed something form the store while I’m gone. It’s my week for grocery and it’s not really fair to only spend half of what I budget then skip town, leaving him high and dry if he needs something. I don’t know. To me it felt wrong not to give him something, so I did and all in right in Jen Land.


I stopped by school to drop off some protein shakes so I can have them there next week. Honestly I didn’t really “need” to do that, but I figured I would while I had the car and was out running around.


I went to the storage unit and got my army bag of winter clothes as well as the few wintery things that Zane packed away. It was a painless process this time since the scanner accepted my card.


I also finally made it to Fedex and shipped another one of my xStitch projects. There’s still one more that I would like to send but I don’t know if it will ever get to its destination. I hope so.


After all of that I was super awesome and went to the gym. I had thought about biking there this morning until the wind started blowing so hard you could hear it pushing against the glass of the windows. It’s bad enough with it’s a minor, light breeze. Totally not going to bike when it’s blowing like that.


Instead I drove to the gym where I ran, did weights, rowed for about five minutes, then biked for another 15. I was pretty happy with that.


From there it was back home where I had lunch, loaded the dish washer, put clothes away, packed, showered, and wasted some time on Facebook before having to go pick up Zane from work.


We had dinner at Pita Pit, enjoying our time together, then stopped at Hannah’s apartment so Zane could take care of her cat before we went home. I stayed at the apartment for a bit, cross stitching and watching / listening to Zane play Fallout. I only stitched one thread before packing up and getting on the road.


I didn’t make it all the way home before deciding that the safer option would be to stop and get a hotel room for the night. I was losing focus on the road and I didn’t like how hard it was for me to stay vigilant. Not cool. $50 to make sure I don’t kill anyone, or myself, seems like a small price.


So that’s where I’m at currently. In a hotel room about two hours from my cousin. I’ve already gotten in touch with everyone to let them know what’s going on. I plan to sleep and then wake up to finish my trip. Sort of lame that I had to stop, but I like sleep and I have no regrets.


With that I bid everyone a good night.


Greetings traveler! Leave your tidings here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s